Did you ever have a thought, when your friend after eating the same amount of food and calorie as you, did not gain a pound while you have gained weight? All this is because your friend is having a high metabolism. Metabolism does not have to do anything with gender, color, or age. Some people have high metabolism while some don’t. But metabolism is something, which you can increase on your own. Now, you might be thinking How to increase metabolism rate permanently?
While there are many natural ways to increase metabolism, moreover, there is a metabolism workout, metabolism-boosting drinks, and metabolism activities and whatnot.
So, before going forward on how to increase metabolism rate permanently at home, let us understand metabolism importance, what is metabolism and how does it work?
Check out the blog-
What is Metabolism
Metabolism is nothing, but a chemical reaction in your body. These chemical reactions keep your body functioning and alive. Metabolism means the number of calories and fat your body is able to burn. The higher your metabolism is, the higher the calories get burned and you lose weight. A good metabolism is needed for a proper weight loss.
How Metabolism Really Work
The minimum amount of energy our body requires to carry out the chemical processes is called the basal metabolic rate. Metabolism even works when we are sleeping, or resting. Our body needs energy for its organs to work properly.
As we grow up, the metabolism rate starts to slow down due to the loss of muscle mass. Even when we are sick, the metabolism rate slows down. Now, how does the metabolism work? And how many calories does metabolism burn?
Metabolism converts the food and drinks you consume into energy. During this process, all the calories in the food and drink get combined with oxygen and provide energy for the body functioning.
If you are thin, or slim, you can blame metabolism for weight loss. Now let’s move forward to understand how to speed up the metabolism process naturally.
Check out the blog-
10 Home Remedies for Boosting Metabolism
With the metabolism definition, we come to know that metabolism is a chemical reaction in our body. Now, how to raise metabolism naturally. The following are 10 home remedies that you can do, to improve the metabolism rate. Check it out-
- Eat Enough– The first thing, to increase metabolism is to eat properly. If you do not eat enough and skip your meals, it will affect the body working. So, never skip meals and eat healthily.
- Start Workout– Without proper exercise, it is impossible to have a healthy body. To increase the metabolism you need to perform High-intensity interval training. This helps to burn more fat, by increasing your metabolic rate.
- Have Enough Protein- Proteins are the building blocks of our body. When we consume food, our metabolism increases and protein helps in it. Protein increases your metabolic rate by 15-30% compared to carbs which give only 5-10%.
- Get a Proper Sleep– Having a proper rest, is necessary for the well being of the body. When you get sleep deprived, the body releases two hormones, one makes you feel hungry and the other helps a person feel full. And when you get proper sleep, the hormones get balanced.
- Switch to High Fibers– Fibrous food are good for the stomach. They help with proper digestion. Like beans contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. While digesting the fiber and protein in the beans, it also helps to burn some extra calories.
- Get Plenty of Vitamin D and B- Now, not only proteins but vitamins also help to increase metabolism. Your next question might be, which vitamins increase metabolism? Well, both vitamin D and vitamin B are helpful to step up the metabolism rate.
Vitamin B plays an essential role in increasing metabolism. For getting Vitamin B, you can eat foods like- banana, peas, pancakes, spinach, etc.
Vitamin D can be taken directly and naturally from the sun, and it helps to keep our body healthy and working properly.
- Do not Stress- Stress is the biggest enemy of the body. It causes the metabolism to work slow. And when we are stressed, we eat more calorie and fat-rich food, which is not good for health.
- Keep yourself Hydrated– Many of the health problems gets cure just by keeping your body hydrated. For any chemical reaction in your body, you require water. Water not only helps to flush out the toxins from the body, but it also increases the metabolic rate.
- Drink Coffee– Coffee is filled with many biologically active substances, that can affect your metabolism. You can have black and green coffee to increase metabolism.
- Spice up Your Meals– Eating spicy food, increases the metabolism rate. This might be confusing for some people. When you eat Pepper, you get the compound called capsaicin, which helps to boost the metabolism. So, cooking food with red, green, or tabasco pepper can help you boost metabolic rate.
12 Foods that Boost Metabolism
You won’t believe it, but there are many foods that speed up metabolism. Let’s have a look at some of the metabolism-boosting foods-
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Apple Cider Vinegar, helps to maintain the pH balance of the body. It helps to burn the fats for energy, hence increasing the metabolism. ACV also helps to lose weight, it slows down your hunger and gives you a feeling of fullness.
- Cheese– Don’t think that dairy products do not help you with your healthy body. A dairy product like cheese is packed with calcium, vitamin D, and protein. They help to boost metabolism and also burn excess calories.
- Green Tea– Green tea is actually good for losing weight and increasing metabolism. It contains antioxidants, which releases the fat from fat cells and helps in turning fat into energy.
- Dark Chocolates– Dark chocolates help to reduce the stress, the cocoa, and flavonoids in dark chocolate play a great role in stimulating the metabolism.
- Avocado– Avocado is filled with monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which promotes satiety. Avocado is an anti-inflammatory food, which helps to boost metabolism.
- Milk– Milk is really a good source of protein. 1 cup of milk contains 9-10 grams of protein. It is also a great source of bone-building calcium.
- Legumes and Pulses– Legumes and pulses like- chickpea, lentils, and peanuts have a high protein content as compared to other food. High protein content requires a greater number of calories to digest them.
- Wild Salmon– There are many fishes and seafood which you can eat. But Salmon is one of the best food to increase metabolism. Salmon is rich in anti-inflammatory and omega-3 fatty acids. It helps in weight loss and also increases metabolism.
- Eggs– Eggs are low-calorie food and an excellent source of protein and some healthy fat. They help to calm down the hunger and also helps to boost metabolism.
- Citrus Fruit– Citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Fruits like lemons and grapefruits are helpful indigestion. They are low in sugar and also keep your blood sugar low after meals.
- Coconut oil– We all know how good coconut oil is for skin, hair, and health. Coconut oil helps to boost the metabolism and also makes you get rid of that belly fat.
- Garlic– Garlic supports balanced blood sugar and also promotes a healthy metabolism. It helps to increase the calories burned and decreases body fat.
Ways to Increase Metabolism after 40
Once you cross the age 40, your body starts working slow, so it is necessary to keep up your metabolism good even in this age to lead a proper healthy happy life. Now at this age, you cannot work or exercise in full spirit. So how to boost metabolism naturally without exercise? Check out the following points-
- Detox Digestive System– It is necessary to keep your digestive system healthy and clean. Once your organs are clean and detoxed, your body works more properly. There are many detox drinks that you can consume, to detox the digestive system.
- Have a King Size Breakfast- This is true, you should never skip your breakfast or any meal. Skipping meals makes you lazy, so always have a good heavy breakfast this helps you to be active.
- Drink Hot Lemon Water– Drinking hot lemon water in the morning, helps to increase your metabolism. Lemon helps to increase metabolism and also assists in weight loss.
- Take the Right Probiotics– Try eating right probiotics, this will help in increasing the metabolism. Like in ancient times people used to eat vegetables grown in soil and also did not use to wash it, so the bacteria in the soil are helpful for the digestive system.
- Move your body– Keeping your body active and moving is very necessary. It helps to keep up your body metabolism and also you stay physically healthy.
Best Exercises to Boost Metabolism Fast
After understanding which foods help to boost metabolism. Now, let’s understand the exercises. Keeping your body moving is very necessary, in order to stay healthy and boost metabolism. The following are some of the metabolism workouts. Check out-
It is one of the best exercises to boost metabolism. This exercise requires a lot of stamina. This exercise helps you to strengthen your core and leg muscles.
How to perform:
- Place both hands on the floor
- Kick your feet back behind you
- Bring your chest down to the ground
- Then jump your feet forward such that it lands on the outside of your hands
- Now, use your arms and legs to jump into a sprinter position in the air.
This exercise involves the muscles and muscles to use more calories than fat, which helps to make the metabolism work fast.
How to perform:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells.
- Your legs should be shoulder-width apart
- By holding a dumbbell in your hands, do the squat.
- When you go down for the squat, do one biceps curl.
- When you stand up, press the dumbbell overhead above your head.
- Once the dumbbells are above your head, hit one triceps extension.
- Doing this exercise, focus on engaging on your core muscles, and controlling the movement.
This is one of the high-intensity workouts. The more muscle you involve in workouts, the faster your metabolism boosts.
How to perform:
- Start with the plank position.
- Now make a triangle with your body
- Your palms flat on the ground and feet touching the ground
- With the same position, now bring your one foot forward towards your chest
- Then your next foot forward.
Planks seem to be an easy exercise, but it requires a lot of stamina and strength. Planks are great for building muscle and endurance. You can try different versions of it, to avoid muscle memory.
How to perform:
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Now pull yourself up with the help of your hand
- Your legs should be on its toes
- Just your hand and toes should be touching the ground, whole other body to be in the air.
Swimming is one of the great exercises to keep your body healthy and to build up great stamina. Through swimming, each and everybody muscle work and it is like a whole-body workout.
There are many different types of swimming styles which you can try.
This is one of the most important exercises which you can do for the betterment of your body. While doing squats you focus on quads and glutes and also help to boost your metabolism naturally.
How to perform:
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart
- Now with your hands in front and spine straight
- Bend your knees, in a position that you are sitting on a chair.
- Hold the position for a while
- Stand back to the original position.
So, above are some of the metabolism-boosting exercises. You can do them slowly, but always keep exercising it is good for health.
I hope you enjoy this blog “how to increase metabolism rate permanently” Making a little change in your lifestyle and food habits can help you a lot in dealing with all your physical problems and helps to enhance your metabolism. What do you think your metabolism is fast or slow?
What is high metabolism?
A high metabolism means that the food and drinks which you consume get converted into energy soon and gets used by your body.
How many calories metabolism burn?
The amount of calories burned by metabolism depends on your weight. The more the weight, the more the calories burned.
Why metabolism slow down?
Metabolism gets slow down with the age or by doing less physical work. As your age increases, the muscle mass reduces which slows down metabolism. Also if you do not workout or move your body much, you lose the physical strength.
How to gain weight with a fast metabolism?
So, if you are skinny, after eating a lot probably your metabolism is fast. In order to gain weight, with fast metabolism- you need to eat more, have short frequent meals, track your calorie intake, eat more calorie-dense food, etc.
Recommended Articles For You:
- How To Lose Upper Body Fat At Home in 5 days?
- Natural Ways to boost the immune system at home
- 11 Morning Detox Drinks To Lose Weight
- How to burn calories fast at home
- Best fitness trackers for your healthy lifestyle