India is a land of culture, moreover, the spices we use in making food is also very beneficial for the human body. Be it turmeric, ajwain and hing every spice has its own therapeutic value which helps to boost health. You must have heard about Ajwain, it is a herb with a strong scent and which helps to add flavor to the food. Ajwain water for weight loss has been used for centuries.
Ajwain seeds are rich in fibres, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. You can chew it raw or roasted, both are helpful and beneficial. Being a good digestive agent, it is very frequently used in Indian households. Let’s understand more about Ajwain water benefits and how to make Ajwain water for Weight loss.
Check out the blog-
Benefits Of Ajwain Water
- Helps to Improve Digestion-
Ajwain is mainly used in Indian households for improving digestion. It helps in better absorption of nutrients, which leads to less fat storage.
- Improves Metabolism-
We all know higher the body metabolism, the lower the weight gain. Ajwain seeds are very effective in improving the metabolism of the body and thus helping in weight loss. You can consume Ajwain seeds 30 minutes before breakfast, this will help in improving your metabolism.
- It has Therapeutic Property-
An essential oil Thymol is present in Ajwain seeds. This oil helps to promote weight loss by boosting metabolism and relieving acidity.
- Takes care of your Gut Health-
If you have some gastric problem, then Ajwain is the best option to get some relief. Consuming Ajwain water daily empty stomach helps to activate enzymes that provide relief and also help in proper digestion.
- Helps to prevent Infections-
Ajwain is loaded with antimicrobial, antiseptic and antiparasitic properties, which makes it perfect to prevent any infection. During the Monsoon season, eye infections like conjunctivitis are very common, Ajwain helps to prevent the infection.
- Treats Common Cold-
Ajwain helps to clear the nasal blockage by removing the mucus. You just need to make a paste of Ajwain seeds and Jaggery twice a day and this will help to deal with respiratory ailments and treat the common cold.
How To Make Ajwain water for Weight Loss
1. Boiled Ajwain Water-
This is the best ajwain water to drink for weight loss if you are a beginner. It tastes good and also burns fat. This Ajwain water not only promotes digestion but also increases metabolism. The higher the metabolism, the more the calorie burn.
How to make:
- Take one litter of water and bring it to boil.
- Add 1 tbsp. of Ajwain seeds in it.
- You can also add Ginger in it.
- Let the water boil, unless its colour changes.
- Turn off the flame and strain out the mixture.
- Add few drops of lemon and honey in it for taste.
2. Ajwain and Honey Water-
Honey is rich in antibacterial properties. It is loaded with minerals, vitamins and amino acids. The mixture of Ajwain and Honey water helps to regulate the body metabolism and supports weight loss. Honey helps to activate hormones that suppress appetite, thus helping in burning calories.
How to make:
- Soak 25 grams of Ajwain seeds in 250ml of water.
- Next day, strain out the mixture and add 1 tbsp. of honey.
- Mix it properly.
- Drink the water empty stomach.
3. Saunf and Ajwain Water-
Both Saunf or Fennel seeds and Ajwain is good for the stomach. It helps in the proper digestion and also keeps the abdomen cool. A concoction of Ajwain and Fennel seeds is one excellent way to lose weight.
How to make:
- Take ½ tbsp. of Roasted Ajwain.
- 1 tbsp. of Roasted Fennel seeds
- Mix them both and add in 4 cups of water.
- Boil the mixture until the water changes colour.
- Remove it and let it cool down.
- Strain out the mixture once it gets cooled down.
4. Ajwain Powder-
It is not possible for everyone to make Ajwain water daily in the morning. Therefore, this Ajwain powder will be best for you. You just need to spend some time in it to make it for the first time, and then your work will be easy.
How to make:
- Take Ajwain, Fenugreek and Nigella seeds all in equal quantity.
- Roast all three of them separately.
- Mix them together and then grind them in the blender.
- Your Ajwain powder is ready.
- Store the powder in an airtight container.
- Consume it with warm water.
5. Roasted Ajwain Seeds-
This is one of the simplest ways to add Ajwain to your routine. You can consume Roasted Ajwain seeds before breakfast and after lunch too. It will help you to lose weight.
How to make:
- Take around 250gms. of Ajwain seeds.
- Roast them in a pan and then let it cool down.
- After it gets cooled down, store the roasted Ajwain seeds in an airtight container.
Natural Tips for Ajwain Water
- Make sure you use an exact proportion of Ajwain in the water. Excess quantity can affect digestive system.
- Try to have the Ajwain water in warm form, this helps to cleanse the digestive tract.
- Do not add salt in the water.
- It is not recommended to keep the Ajwain water for long. Drink it within 1-2 hours.
So, above are some of the best Ajwain water for weight loss. Ajwain is a great spice and you can consume it in many forms. Just make sure that you are not having any side effects with it.
Have you ever tried Ajwain water?
1. When is the best time to drink Ajwain Water?
The best time to drink Ajwain water is early in the morning and an empty stomach. You can choose any of the above ways to drink Ajwain water.
2. How much Ajwain water to take in a day?
This healthy drink of Ajwain has many health benefits. It helps to reduce weight, takes care of your gut and also prevents infection. Taking 1 tbsp. of Ajwain seeds in a day is enough to shed the unnecessary weight.
Comments are closed.