There’s a reason Popeye ate so much spinach in his youth. Spinach is a prominent green leafy vegetable that is high in vitamins and minerals. Spinach is beneficial to your skin, hair, and overall wellness. Yes, it’s chock-full of vitamins A, B1, K, C, E, Iron, and Omega-3. Spinach boosts your immune system and promotes healthy hair development. If you’re wondering how to use spinach for hair growth, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best ways to utilise spinach for your hair.
Spinach can be eaten raw, cooked, or blended into a smoothie. It contains Vitamins A and C, which are great for hair. It increases scalp blood circulation and also removes hair dryness. Just like Popeye used spinach for his instant energy. You can use spinach for good, strong, and lustrous hair.
Check out the blog to see how to use Spinach for hair growth-
Benefits of Spinach for Hair Growth
Spinach is high in the nutrients listed below, making it ideal for hair development. You will see a dramatic change in your hair if you use a spinach hair mask twice a week.
- Minerals and vitamins- Vitamins and minerals are essential for hair development to be healthy. Spinach is high in vitamins A, C, B2, K, and E, which all assist to keep hair follicles healthy. Hair growth is healthy and vigorous when the hair follicles are healthy.
- Vitamin A helps in providing hydration to hair and also regulates the oil production in your hair scalp. It helps to remove oiliness and greasiness from hair and keep it strong and silky.
- Vitamin E- Vitamin E is essential for healthy blood circulation.
- Vitamin B- Vitamin B means it is rich in both Biotin and Folic acid. Both of these provide proper oxygen supply to the hair roots. With a good oxygen supply, you get healthy hair growth.
- Iron- We all know spinach is loaded with Iron and our hair needs Iron for healthy hair growth and hair follicles. You won’t believe but just half a cup of cooked spinach is equal to 2 mg of iron.
- Antioxidant- Spinach is rich in antioxidants, which help in scalp health and also reduce hair loss and hair damage.
How to use Spinach for Hair Growth?
Well, now you know how nutritious spinach is for healthy hair growth. Now let’s see how we can use spinach for our hair growth. Check out the ways to use Spinach for hair growth-
1. Spinach Hair Oil-
You must have always heard of Onion Hair Oil. Well, there is even Spinach Hair Oil which is very effective for hair’s healthy and strong growth. It helps to revive hair growth and also nurtures hair roots.
How to make Spinach Hair Oil :
- Take half a cup of Spinach either cooked or raw.
- Grind it in the mixer to make a pulp of it.
- Mix some olive oil in it.
- Your Spinach hair oil is ready.
- Apply it to your hair
- Keep the oil for an hour.
- Wash it off with mild shampoo and conditioner.
Using spinach hair oil twice a week helps to unclog the pores, regulate oil production and remove hair dryness and frizziness.
2. Spinach and Honey Hair Pack–
This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to use Spinach for hair care. Spinach is already filled with nutrients, adding honey will help to keep your hair hydrated, soft and smooth. With this hair pack, your hair won’t lose its moisture content so fast and you will have good hair growth.
- Take 1 cup of Spinach leaves
- Add 1 tbsp. of Honey and any carrier oil in it
- Mix all three and then put them in the grinder.
- You will get a fine and consistent paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair and massage it for one minute.
- Let the mask stay in your hair for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
3. Spinach Smoothie-
Not everyone likes Spinach like Popeye (cartoon) likes. You can make a very delicious Spinach Smoothie, and have it every morning. Consuming a Spinach smoothie will help you get healthy hair from roots to tips and also will make them strong and healthy. Here’s how you can make Spinach Smoothie-
- Take 1 cup of Papaya and 1 Large Banana.
- Blend them into the blender to get a smooth paste.
- Add 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of spinach into the blender.
- For taste, you can add honey.
- Your spinach smoothie is ready.
- Drink it every morning, for strong and shiny hair.
So, above are some of the ways in which you can use Spinach for your healthy hair growth. You probably won’t have ever thought of using Spinach for your hair. Spinach is rich in Vitamins, Minerals and Iron helps to prevent hair damage, boosts scalp health and promotes healthy hair growth.
Which way would you like to use Spinach for your hair?
1. Does Spinach make our hair grow faster?
Spinach is rich in nutrients like vitamins, minerals, iron and omega-3. All these nutrients help to keep hair healthy. It controls the oil production and also keeps the dryness of hair away. Spinach also contains Vitamin A, which is necessary for hair growth.
2. Is Spinach juice good for hair?
Yes, Spinach juice is very good for hair. It is rich in antioxidants, which help to reduce hair loss. Vitamin B and C in the Spinach increase the Keratin and Collagen levels on the scalp.