Best Yoga Exercises For Beginners At Home:
Health is wealth. Man is too often busy running after wealth that he loses his health. He becomes old, aged, tired, and helpless and spends all his earned wealth on his health. That is when he realizes that it is not only money which is to be earned but health as well. Health is the wealth which is always taken granted of and then repented for in the future.
Avoid falling into this trap and from now on be concerned about your health. Health is the most precious wealth which has to be addressed on daily basis. You could keep it in shape with exercising or simply doing yoga. Whereas exercise only keeps you in shape, Yoga keeps you in shape as well as provides you with a ‘peace of mind’.
So, Trabeauli presents this article for all those fitness freaks out there in search of something new and for those who after reading this have started worrying about their health and strive to be healthy and fit.
Here are the 5 best yoga exercises everyone should do for a healthy, fit and happy life.
1. Child’s Pose (Bal Asana)
It is the pose for relieving the body of stress both physical and mental. It stretches the hips, knees, ankles, thighs and lowers back. Plus, it relaxes the spine, shoulders, and neck.
HOW TO DO IT:
- Start with kneeling down on your yoga mat. Keep your knees touching or open them a little wider than your hips.
- Lower your butt onto your heels and your torso down towards the floor, simultaneously, rest your forehead on the mat.
- You can extend your arms in front of you, palms facing up to boost up the stretch, or you can keep your arms extended behind you, next to your hips, palms facing up.
- Keeping the knees touching provides more support and is advisable for less flexible people.
- Beginners, who lack flexibility in the knees and hips, place a yoga block under the butt.
2. Downward-Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svan Asana)
This yoga exercise is the basic pose in many styles of yoga. It helps to strengthen the shoulders, arms, and legs. It stretches out the spine and helps relieve pain in the upper, middle and low back. It reverses the flow of blood in the body, which benefits the circulatory, and lymphatic systems and fights the effects of gravity on the body.
Image Source- youtube
HOW TO DO IT:
- Start from a tabletop position with your shoulders directly over your wrists and your hips over your knees, curl your toes under and lift your hips towards the sky.
- Keep your spine flat and extend the backs of the legs only as far as you can do and it feels comfortable.
- Spread your fingers wide and look at your feet.
- This posture looks like an upside-down V.
3. Forward Bend (Padahast Asana)
This is the simplest and effective yoga posture. It improves the flexibility of the thighs, knees, and back. Most importantly, it stretches out the spine and improves posture.
HOW TO DO IT:
- Stand with your feet together or keep your feet apart up to your shoulder distance with your arms at your sides.
- Inhale deeply while standing and exhale as you bend down and reach towards your feet.
- Hold for at least 30 seconds and inhale and exhale throughout.
- Start moving up and come back at starting posture.
- Reach for your feet again.
Try touching your toes or the floor. At first, you may not be successful but doing it regularly would definitely increase your flexibility.
4. Corpse Pose (Sav Asana)
This is the hardest and easiest of all yoga postures. Even the most flexible people and masters of yoga can find this asana extremely challenging. It involves being completely still and savoring the effects of all yoga asana you have done. It is during this time, that your mind becomes really silent.
HOW TO DO IT
- Lie on your back with your arms and legs extended out.
- Face your palm up towards the ceiling and just close your eyes.
- Inhale and exhale, be completely still and forget everything you are thinking of, you have been thinking of.
It’s an important posture as it improves self-control and makes you feel far more refreshed and peaceful than you have ever felt.
5. Head-To-Knee Pose (Janusir Asana)
How to do it:
- Gently sit down on the floor.
- For forwarding bent, you can stretch out your right leg and you can keep your left leg bent next to your thigh.
- If you want you can also put a pillow under your left knee.
- You can also put your left foot next to your knee instead of next to your thigh.
- Then grasp hold of your knee or of your calf muscle or of your foot.
- Bend as far as you gently can. Keep your back straight and your head up.
- Breathe very deeply.
- Remember go only as far as you are comfortable.
With each inhalation, you lengthen your spine and with each exhalation, you relax more. With next inhalation slowly sit up again and stretch out your left leg and your right knee a little bit.
Repeat the process for your left leg.
All these best yoga exercises are sure to give you maximum benefits like improving your flexibility, stretching out the spine, providing relaxation and most importantly freshness.
For maximum results practice these best yoga exercises for at least 5 days in a week.