Women across the world have sworn by the benefits of Aloe Vera. Loaded with over 75 nutrients, Aloe Vera is a succulent that grows in sunny climates worldwide. It is very best known and appreciated for healing sunburned skin. Its moisturizing and nourishing properties have made it very popular in the skin and hair care segment. Now, if you are thinking about how to use Aloe Vera for Hair. Well, keep reading, we have brought to you 10 DIY amazing Aloe Vera Hair Mask.
Aloe Vera is a plant which is very easily found in house. It has got a great combination of soothing, moisturizing and protective effect on skin and hair. Aloe Vera can be used as a conditioner, leave-in conditioner and hair mask too. An all in one property in just one ingredient.
Check out the blog to understand how to use Aloe Vera for Hair-
Benefits of using Aloe Vera on Hair
Before, we head on to DIY Aloe Vera hair mask. Let’s understand what is it in Aloe Vera that people are talking so much about it.
- Aloe Vera helps to strengthen the hair follicles.
- Proteolytic enzyme found in Aloe Vera helps in the natural hair growth.
- It forms a protective layer on the hair and protects it from damage.
- Aloe Vera helps to relieve from scalp itchiness and irritation.
- Its anti-inflammatory property helps to reduce inflammation.
- Aloe Vera is very effective in restoring the pH value of hair.
10 DIY Aloe Vera Hair Mask
1. Aloe Vera as Leave-In Conditioner-
The best way to take care of your frizzy hair is to apply a leave-in conditioner. The leave-in conditioner helps to lock the moisture in hair and make it soft and smooth. Having Aloe Vera as your leave-in conditioner is the best thing as it will keep your frizzy hair away and will give you soft, smooth and shiny hair.
- Take equal quantity of Aloe Vera gel and water
- Mix the gel properly into water.
- Transfer it into a spray bottle.
- You can also add few drops of essential oil.
- Spritz the solution onto your damp hair.
2. Aloe Vera for Deep Conditioning-
Giving your hair the treatment of deep conditioning once in a while keeps hair healthy and beautiful. Pampering your hair with deep conditioning helps to restore hair moisture, strengthen hair follicles and also reduce hair damage caused by chemicals and styling products. Aloe vera gel makes a perfect ingredient to provide all the above benefits to hair.
- Take 2 tbsp. of Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
- Add 1 tbsp. of Honey
- And 3 tbsp. of Coconut oil.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- Apply the mask on your hair and massage it properly.
- Let the mask stay for 30 minutes.
- Wash off the aloe hair mask with normal shampoo.
3. Aloe Vera for Dandruff-
Dandruff is the most embarrassing hair issue. Trying a lot of different shampoos also do not work on it. Aloe Vera is that ingredient that helps to give relief from the symptoms of dandruff. Due to its moisturizing nature, aloe vera helps to nourish the scalp and reduce skin irritation. Its antioxidant property also helps to prevent skin cell damage.
- Take 1 cup of Fresh Aloe Vera Gel.
- Add 1 tbsp. of Honey.
- And 2 tbsp. of ACV.
- Mix the ingredients well to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your hair and scalp.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water and shampoo.
4. Aloe Vera Mask for Hair Growth-
Aloe Vera hair mask is very effective when it comes to hair growth. It helps to boost the dormant hair follicles and result in faster hair growth. Packed with powerful enzymes, Aloe Vera helps in the hair growth and also keeps them healthy.
- Take 1 cup of Aloe Vera Gel
- Add 2 tbsp. of Castor oil in it.
- Apply this hair mask from root to tip.
- Let the mask stay overnight.
- Wash off the mask next thing in the morning.
5. Aloe Vera Mask for Itchy Scalp-
Itchy scalp equals to one hand always in our hair. Yes, itchy scalp makes us do that. It is very necessary to get rid of itchy scalp as itchy scalp gives rise to flakiness and then dryness in the hair.
- Take 3 tbsp. of fresh aloe vera gel.
- Massage the gel onto your scalp.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water and shampoo.
6. Aloe Vera to Remove Grey Hair-
What’s worse than having Premature Grey hair. These days due to stress, lifestyle and use of chemical products our hair start turning grey. The best way to avert this situation is to use home remedies. Aloe vera is one great ingredient which helps to fade away the grey hair and also stops it occurrence.
- Keep fresh Amla juice in an iron bowl.
- Add fresh aloe vera gel into the amla juice.
- Store the mixture for one week.
- Apply it on your hair strands and scalp.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Applying this mash for 3 months, will help you see visible changes.
7. Aloe Hair Mask for Split Ends-
Hair getting split into two at the end is termed as Split ends. Split ends degrade our hair quality and also make them rough. Aloe Vera gel helps to make our hair soft and smooth. It also repairs the ends damage and keeps hair healthy.
- Take 1 tbsp. of Aloe vera gel.
- Add few drops of Lemon juice in it.
- Also add 1 tsp. of Olive oil
- Mix all the three ingredients.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with lukewarm water.
8. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Oily Hair-
Having an oily scalp is a real nightmare for people in summer days. All their summer goes into wiping the oil from their face. Oily scalp results in clogged pores and dandruff too. The best way to deal with it is to use an Aloe Vera hair mask. The following hair mask helps to cleanse the scalp and also nourishes the greasy hair.
- Take 3 tbsp. of fresh aloe vera gel
- Add few drops of lemon juice in it.
- Also add few drops of essential oil.
- Mix the ingredients and your mask will be ready.
- Apply the mask on your hair and scalp.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
9. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Dry Hair-
All dry hair needs are a rejuvenating hair mask and Aloe Vera is a perfect ingredient for that. It helps to nourish and moisturize hair and gives it a boost of hydration. Applying this hair mask once a week will really help you to fight dry and dull hair.
- Take 3 tbsp. of Aloe vera gel
- Add 2 tbsp. of Yogurt in it.
- And add 1 tbsp. of Olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply the mask to your hair.
- Massage the mask for 10 minutes.
- Wash off the aloe vera hair mask with lukewarm water.
10. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Thin Hair-
How bad you might feel, when you put on a clip and it slips out of your hair just because you have got thin hair. Yes, thinning of hair is one very common issue. Thin hair neither looks good nor have a good texture. But you can improve the thickness of your hair strands by using this amazing Aloe vera hair mask.
- Take 3-4 tbsp. of Aloe vera gel
- Add 1 tbsp. of Castor oil
- And also add few drops of Rosemary essential oil.
- Apply the mask on your hair strands and scalp.
- Let the mask stay for 20 minutes.
- Massage the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with mild shampoo.
So, above are some of the best aloe vera hair mask. Aloe vera is great ingredient for skin, hair and health. It takes care of your hair and also makes your skin glowing. Choose any of the above hair mask and use it for at least 3 weeks, you will see a great difference in your hair quality.
Have you ever used an Aloe vera hair mask?
1. Doesn’t Aloe Vera get little greasy?
No, it is very easy to remove Aloe Vera from your hair. After you have extracted the Aloe Vera gel, grind it in the grinder. You will get a runny paste and this can easily be washed away with cold water and shampoo.
2. Can Aloe Vera be allergic?
Yes, Aloe Vera is also just a home ingredient and some people may be allergic to it. To check for any side effects, first do a patch test and then wait for 48 hours to look for any redness, itching or burning sensation.
3. How often can we apply Aloe Vera hair mask?
Applying Aloe Vera hair mask once a week for 3-4 weeks will give you faster results.
- 15 DIY HOMEMADE DIY MASKS FOR HAIR GROWTH AND REPAIR
- HOW TO STOP HAIR FALL IMMEDIATELY: 10 THINGS WORK FOR ME
- 15 (DIY) HOME REMEDIES FOR CURLY HAIR GROWTH TO BE SOFT
- HOW TO USE RICE WATER FOR HAIR GROWTH (METHOD+BENEFITS)