List Of Best Places to Visit In India:
Table of Contents
India is a famous country all over the world and is well known for the unity in diversities. It is a land of different languages, cultures, traditions, religions. It is the country of the oldest civilizations in the world. The vital components of the Indian culture are good manners, etiquette, civilized communication, rituals, beliefs, values, best places to visit in India, etc. Even after the lifestyles of everyone has been modernized, Indian people have not changed their traditions and values.
The property of togetherness among people of various cultures and traditions has made India, a unique country. People here live peacefully by following their own culture and traditions.
India is equally a beautiful place to visit. The great range of Himalayas are really astonishing, the beauty of south will make you fall in love with nature, Wildlife sanctuaries will leave a long-lasting experience you can ever get.
Here is the list of best places to visit in India you must visit which will steal not only Indian art but your mind and soul as well.
1. Goa – Beach Place
Goa is one of the top tourist places to visit in India. Beautiful beaches, crystal clear water, water sports, nightlife will make you go crazy.
Goa Points of Interest:
- Beaches like Vagator, Calangute, Anjuna, Colva, and Benaulim,
- Fort Aguada, Church of Mae De Deus, Basilica of Bom Jesus,
- Temple of Bodgeshwar, Dudhsagar Waterfalls, St Xavier’s Church,
- Grand Island (for watersports)
- Clubs like Cafe Mambos, Titos, LPK (Love Passion Karma), SinQ, & Club Cubana.
2. Islands of Lakshadweep –
Here is another beautiful and mesmerizing place for the beach lovers. The group of islands of Lakshadweep is the major attractions of the Union Territory of India. The islands here are famous for water sports like
- Scuba diving Sea walks,
The islands of the Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar are the jewels of the sea
Lakshadweep places to visit:
- Cellular Jail National Memorial,
- Radhanagar Beach,
- Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex in Port Blair,
- Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park,
- Chidiya Tapu,
- Watersports like scuba diving, snorkeling, & parasailing.
3. Shimmers on the Ladakh Lakes –
Ladakh is home to some of the most spectacular lakes of the region situated at a height of 4,350 m. These lakes of Ladakh changes forms at every next hour of the day and appear most beautiful during the evening. Pangong Tso is one of the most beautiful high altitude Lakes of Ladakh along with other Tso Moriri Lake.
The blue skies over the lakes along with the tremulous light of the sun on the water bodies give a shimmering reflection which looks like stars on earth.
Undoubtedly, Leh – Ladakh is on every travel enthusiasts list of places to visit in India before they turn 30. Ride on the crazy winding roads, get stuck in the middle of nowhere, sleep with the locals and learn to be independent in the desert mountains as you undertake this adventurous journey.
Top Attractions in Ladakh:
- Zanskar Valley,
- Pangong Tso Lake,
- Khardung-La Pass,
- Spituk Gompa,
- Hemis National Park
4. Wildlife in Kanha National Park –
Kanha National Park is situated in the heartland of India called Madhya Pradesh. The Tiger Reserve is one of the largest National Park and home to the significant population of Royal Bengal Tigers and Indian leopards along with Indian wild dogs.
Kanha National Park is very rich in wildlife and mostly covered with dense bamboo and sal forests. Madhya Pradesh host two most important National Park, another one is the Bandhavgarh the most popular national parks in India.
5. Seven Wonders of the World The TAJ MAHAL in Agra –
Tourists across the world visit India just to witness the spectacular symbol of love. The majestic monument has to be on your bucket list for it’s the cultural epitome of India.
Top Attractions in Agra:
- Taj Mahal, Agra Fort,
- Tomb of I’timād-Ud-Daulah,
- Mehtab Bagh,
- Jama Masjid,
- Guru ka Tal,
- Tomb of Akbar the Great,
- Chini Ka Rauza,
- Moti Masjid,
- Fatehpur Sikri,
- Dilli Gate,
- Great gate (Darwaza I rauza),
- Amar Singh Gate,
- Kaanch Mahal, and Sikandra.
See more:- History of taj mahal
6. Great Rann of Kutch Gujarat –
Travel to the no man’s land, the seasonal salt marsh amidst the famous Thar Desert during the kite festival where the sky comes alive with vibrant and oversized kites. The Great white Rann has located mostly in Kutch region of the state and a remarkable place to visit in Gujarat.
Great Rann and little Rann of Kutch are one of the largest salt deserts in the world. This is a must visit place in India.
The best time to visit the place is from Nov – Feb.
Spend the most memorable and wonderful time. Experience the night in the salt desert under the stars.
7. Golden Temple in Amritsar –
The legendary Golden Temple is actually just a small part of this huge gurdwara complex, known to Sikhs as Harmandir Sahib. Floating at the end of a long causeway, the Golden Temple itself is a mesmerizing blend of Hindu and Islamic architectural styles. Learn to respect culture and religion before you turn 30. Visit this spiritual getaway that promises the nourishment of the soul.
Spend some time in India’s largest kitchen as you help clean the utensils or prepare langar for the visitors. The experience is simply worth it.
Top Place to visit in Amritsar:
- Golden Temple,
- Wagah Border,
- Durgiana Temple,
- Jallianwala Bagh,
- Mandir Mata Lal,
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum.
8. Kerala – Most Beautiful Place in India:
The God’s own country offers the best experience to have, roaming on the brackish lagoons and lakes along with the Arabian Sea coast. To all the nature lover’s out there enchant your spirit in Kerala. Green trees, pristine water, crazy wildlife experience – visit Kerala for more such wonderful delights. It’s amazing tourist places to visit in India.
Kerala Top Attractions:
- Alleppey: Alappuzha Beach, Krishnapuram Palace, Kumarakom bird sanctuary, Marari Beach, Revi Karunakaran Museum, Marari Beach, Punnamada Lake, Pathiramanal, and Sri Krishna Temple in Ambalappuzha
- Munnar: TATA Tea Museum, Meesapulimala, Blossom Park, Pothamedu ViewPoint, Attukal Waterfalls, Cheeyappara Waterfalls, Kundala Lake, Mattupetty Dam, Anamudi, and Eravikulam National Park
- Kumarakom: Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Kumarakom Backwaters, Aruvikkuzhi waterfall, Thirunakkara Mahadeva Temple, Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom Beach, and Pathiramal Island
- Wayanad: Meenmutty Waterfalls, Chembra Peak, 9 Hairpin Curves, Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary, Ekkadal Caves, Bathery Jain Temple, Neelimala View Point, and Pookot Lake
- Thekkady: Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Mangla Devi Temple, Abraham’s Spice Garden, Murikkady, Kadathanadan Kalari Centre, Chellarkovil, Kumily, and Deepa World Spice & Ayurvedic Garden
- Kovalam: Lighthouse Beach, Samudra Beach, Thiruvallam Parasurama Temple, Vizhinjam Marine Aquarium, Halcyon Castle, Akkulam Lake, Jama Masjid, Vellayani Lake, Karamana River, and Rock Cut Caves
- Bekal: Bekal Fort, Ananthapura Temple, Valiyaparamba Backwaters, Bekal Beach, Mallikarjuna Temple, Chandragiri Fort, Kappil Beach, Nileswaram, Bekal Hole Aqua Park, and Pallikere Beach
- Kozhikode: Mananchira, Conolly Canal, Hilite Mall, Kallayi, Tali Temple, Kappad Beach, Kozhikode Beach, Thusharagiri Waterfalls, Sargaalaya, Payyoli Beach, Kozhippara Falls, and Matri Dei Cathedral
- Varakala: Varkala Beach, Janardhan Temple, Sivagiri Muth, Kappil Lake, Papanasam Beach, Janardan Swami Temple, Vishnu Temple, Anjengo Fort, Sarkara Devi Temple, Varkala Tunnel, and Kaduvayil Thangal Dargah
9. Kolkata –
Kolkata is famous for the Durga Puja. The only time when the entire city gathers together to celebrate the much-lauded and divine festival, Durga Puja, experience the culture of Bengal in its full form. Enjoy the festival with sweets, Bengali delicacies, themed pandal hoppings, and grand aartis. Plan your visit during Durga Puja to have a wonderful time and experience ever.
The things to do in Kolkata:
- Victoria Memorial,
- Howrah Bridge,
- Indian Museum,
- Dakshineswar Kali Temple,
- Eden Gardens Cricket Stadium,
- Kalighat Kali Temple,
- Birla Industrial & Technological Museum,
- Birla Planetarium, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
10. Mathura- Sacred city in Uttar Pradesh,
Just an hour’s drive from Agra, on the banks of the river Yamuna, is situated the birthplace of Lord Krishna. The entire land is dotted with magnificent temples, dedicated to various aspects of his life. The twin cities of Mathura and Vrindavan, where he was born and where he grew up, still resound to the sound of his laughter, antics and his magical flute.
Allow your spirit to soak in the Raas-Leela of Vrindavan. The place that celebrates Krishna’s living philosophy. Here would the best you’d experience ever in your life.
11. Mumbai-Dream City
How about visiting the most exotic city in India along with your best friend. Plan a trip to the city that never sleeps, enjoys an eclectic mix of the most exhilarating places in Mumbai that will allure you with an enviable vibe. This is one of the best tourist places to visit in India. The ‘City of dreams’ is quite a holiday destination.
Mumbai has always been the dream city for all and while you are here you don’t want to miss the chance of exploring each and every corner of the city.
12. Delhi – Shopping Place
There is always a history buff in all of us which is dying to come out at one point or another. Let the glimpse of history touch your soul, the political aura makes you powerful and the winds of north tingle your spine. And if you are your best friends then here you go.
This is definitely one of the best tourist places to visit in India. The numerous places in Delhi will not only captivate you but will also leave you astounded with its vibrant culture. There are a lot of places that you can visit while you are in Delhi. This place is heaven for the shop lovers where they can buy anything for everything.
13. Shimla –
This is the place you have been definitely searching for. Well, here it is, with the snow-capped mountains, cascading waterfalls and the serene valleys Manali is one of the amazing tourist places to visit in India.
Be it for the fellow mates or solo explorers, this course surpasses some other hiking trips in India! Passing mountains and towns, passing individuals who are continuing on ahead in a more basic manner what will get you acknowledge both nature and straightforwardness. Here place to visit in Shimla
14. Udaipur -Famous Place In India
Udaipur is called the Venice of the East, but the different Rajasthani hues of the city surely make it stand out. The City of Lakes has to be on your list of the best tourist places to visit in India.
Even though Udaipur boasts of having some of the most gracious luxury heritage hotels, it will embrace you with all the warmth even if you’re looking for budget stays. Boating, trekking, sightseeing are just some activities you may indulge in your visit to the city.
Top Attraction Udaipur:
- Lake Pichola,
- Jagdish Temple,
- City Palace,
- Jag Mandir,
- Gangaur Ghat,
- and Bagore ki Haweli
Make a plan with your family and friends and visit these wonderful and tourist places to visit in India. I bet you will surely fall in love with these wonderful, mesmerizing, beautiful places. A single visit to India will compel you to visit again. Frozen Himalayan mountains, greenery all around the south, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches, adventures will drive you crazy.
If you like my article “famous tourist places in India state wise” then, like, share and comment …. You can also check my other articles on Trabeauli website.
Hope you enjoy reading. Please share your experience with us!
Recommended Articles For You: