It is difficult to take care of our hair and keep it soft and smooth. With so many oils on the market these days, deciding on the best one can be difficult. But have you ever heard of “Liquid Gold”? Yes, liquid gold, also known as olive oil, is the best hair growth supplement. Yes, Olive oil for hair growth is the best thing. It is high in fatty acids and vitamin E, which helps to reduce frizz and improve hair texture.
Olive oil for hair growth has been used for centuries. Its unique composition helps to protect hair from free radicals and also improves the hair texture. You can use olive oil for hair and skin too. It has a great moisturizing effect which works for the betterment of skin and hair.
Let’s understand more facts about Olive oil-
About Olive Oil
Olive oil, which is extracted from olives, a fruit of the olive tree, is extremely beneficial to hair. Olives are found primarily in the Mediterranean region. They are crushed and the oil extracted from them. Olive oil has been used for centuries to care for your hair and skin. It is high in antioxidants and fatty acids, and it also contains oleic acid, palmist acid, and squareness.
All of the above factors in the olive oil help to make your hair soft, smooth, shiny, and strong. It prevents hair moisture loss and reduces hair damage.
Characteristics of Olive Oil
Let us understand what are the characteristics of Olive oil, which makes it soo beneficial for hair growth-
- Anti-Inflammatory- This property helps to soothe the skin and reduces swelling too.
- Rich in Vitamin E- Vitamin E reduces free radical damage and also slows down the aging process.
- Filled with Vitamin K- It decreases the risk of bone fractures.
- Loaded with Fatty Acids- It helps to keep skin hydrated and also younger looking.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair
1. Helps to remove Dandruff-
Olive oil nourishes your hair and helps to soothe your scalp. It combats dandruff and helps to keep your scalp clean and clear.
To completely remove dandruff, mix a few drops of lemon juice into the olive oil and apply it to your scalp.
2. No more Split ends-
The winter months are the worst for hair. With all of the pollution and dust, your hair becomes dull and lifeless. Winter makes your hair more prone to frizz, breakage, and splitting. Olive oil makes your hair soft, smooth, and manageable. It removes split ends from hair while also protecting it from free radicals..
3. Helps to grow your hair long-
Olive oil is filled with nutrients like vitamins, that helps to lock the keratin in your hair. Applying olive oil helps to grow your hair long and strong.
4. Nourishes and Conditions your hair-
Olive oil nourishes and conditions the hair. All of those frizzy and brittle hair ends will become soft and smooth. Olive oil deep conditions and nourishes hair.
5. Helps to prevent hair damage-
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, that help to promote hair growth. It prevents hair loss and protects the hair from getting damaged. Olive oil also makes a protective layer on the hair cuticles and prevents the entry of free radicals.
6. Reduces hair breakage-
Hair when they become weak is prone to breakage. Olive oil helps to keep your hair voluminous and thick. Being rich in omega-6 fatty acid, it helps to improve the thickness, texture and complexion of hair. Olive oil makes the hair strong and prevents it from breaking and drying.
It is difficult to take care of our hair and keep it soft and smooth. With so many oils on the market these days, deciding on the best one can be difficult. But have you ever heard of “Liquid Gold”? Yes, liquid gold, also known as olive oil & Acai oil, is the best hair growth supplement. Yes, Olive oil for hair growth is the best thing. It is high in fatty acids and vitamin E, which helps to reduce frizz and improve hair texture.
Best Brand Olive oil for Hair Growth
1. Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil-
With such amazing ratings on Amazon, this extra virgin olive oil promotes heart health, boost the working of the brain, promotes gut health and also aids in weight management. This is the first cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, which you can use for marinades, pasta and salad dressings too.
2. Partanna Extra Virgin Olive Oil-
This cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil is cloudy with a green hue, herbaceous aroma and pizzicane flavour. With its amazing flavour, Partanna Olive oil is just the best. It helps to make food delicious, and also improves your hair and skin texture.
3. Happy Belly Extra Virgin Olive Oil-
A Mediterranean blend imported from Spain. This extra virgin olive oil is versatile in nature and is used for salad dressing, roasting, grilling and marination.
4. California Extra Virgin Olive Oil-
100% extra virgin olive oil crafted locally from California farmers. It helps to enhance your signature dish and gives an amazing flavour. This cold-pressed olive oil is extracted naturally and is very light and pure. Certified as non-GMO, the oil is of the best quality.
5. La Tourangelle, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil-
100% Organic Virgin Olive Oil which is well-balanced, intense and fruity. Made from freshly cut grass, almond and fresh olive leaves La Tourangelle Olive Oil is delicious and versatile in nature. It is rich in antioxidants, omega-6, omega-9, gluten-free and non-GMO.
Olive oil for Hair Growth Faster
After understanding, the use of olive oil. Let us see how to use olive oil for faster hair growth.
- Take 20-30 ml of olive oil in a bowl and add 10 ml of coconut oil in it.
- Warm the oil in microwave, do not over heat it. Oil should be warm enough to apply in the hair.
- Make sections in your hair and apply the lukewarm oil in your scalp. Massage the oil in your scalp for few minutes. Cover your scalp in the oil.
- Now, after you have covered the scalp. Apply the oil from root to tips, this will condition your every hair strand.
- Take a towel, soak it in the hot water, squeeze out excess water and put it on your hair.
- Wrap the towel on your hair and let it stay for 20-30 minutes. Steam helps your scalp to absorb oil properly.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo. You can do this process once or twice a week.
- You can also add some herbs and spices in the Olive oil to enhance the hair growth. Like- 1 tsp. of Fenugreek seeds.
Conclusion For Olive Oil for Hair Growth
The following are some of the best Olive oil hair growth benefits. You can also combine Olive oil with other oils to increase its benefits and promote faster hair growth. Olive oil promotes beautiful and healthy hair. They are high in proteins, antioxidants, and antimicrobial agents, which improve hair texture and make it look beautiful.
Have you ever used olive oil to condition your hair?
1. Can I keep Olive oil overnight in my hair?
Yes, keeping olive oil overnight is totally safe and even recommended as it helps to soften hair and also keep the frizzy hair away. Just warm the olive oil and apply it on your hair and scalp, keep them overnight and wash it in the morning. It will help repair damaged hair.
2. Does Olive oil causes hair loss?
Olive oil is rich in nutrients like antioxidants and omega 6 fatty acids, which helps to nourish and condition your hair. Regular application of Olive oil helps to reduce hair damage, prevents hair loss and also prevents receding hairline.
3. Can we use Olive oil used for cooking in our hair also?
Yes, the olive oil you use for cooking purposes is unadulterated and consists of the same properties. You can use it on your hair and scalp also.
- 15 DIY Homemade DIY Masks for Hair Growth and Repair
- How To Stop Hair Fall Immediately: 10 Things Work For Me
- How to use Neem Oil for Dandruff?
- 15 Best Hair Oil for Hair Growth and Thickness in India